Deep Adaptation Coaching
Deep Adaptation is the process of taking the collapse of the World and the Biosphere, deeply into our being, and finding apropriate and proportionate responses…. it is not easy, but it is far easier and more effective when we collaborate
Deep Adaptation is a collective endeavour.
Together we will explore this model from your perspective and world view, and make it useful to you. As we become aware of the collapse of the world ‘out there’ we tend to experience an inner collapse. This model helps us to decompress the overwhelm and inner collapse, it creates a clear space to process different parts of our being and to develop distinct but complementary skills and capacities. As we begin to explore the model, your strengths, vulnerabilities (and fears) will quickly become apparent, and then we design the alliance so that our collaboration best serves your unique adaptation as an individual and the many groups in which you particpate.
- Grief – How do we cope with wave after wave of loss and express our feelings without being swept away?
- Communication – how do we express what we see, feel and fear and tend to keep to ourselves, how do we better communicate our messages?
- Sense making and meaning – how do we make better sense of what is happening, and how do we find meaning in it?
- Hope – how do we orientate ourselves towards hope that is possible and achievable and not delusional and wishful
- Connection – how do we re-connect with life, earth, soul, spirit?
- Death and endings – how do we come into a more conscious and liberating relationship with death and endings?
- Activism and Resistance – how do we make a stand and act for life?
- Awakening – how do we best ‘wake up’ from the materialistic dream of the World?
- Regeneration – how do we find others to collaborate with in order to save and restore what we can?
- Purpose and Mission – what is uniquely ours to give at this time? What can we best collaborate with others upon?
- Fear and Shadow and Misinformation- what is blocking our adaptation?
There are millions, if not billions of people on Planet Earth, right now that are deeply and sincerely engaged with these questions. Insight and action pathways arise when we ask the right questions, in the right order and in the right way.
Wider Embraces is a guided, group meditation practise. I use it as a powerful and enriching part of the coaching alliance. Wider Embraces meditation can have many benefits, it can;
- Soothe the nervous system and our feelings of loss, facilitating acceptance, gratitude, belonging, awe and wonder based in a scientific understanding of reality
- Enhance understanding by enabling us to take different perspectives
- Ignite our mission – a passion for enacting inspired change which expresses our core values in solidarity with life and all beings
- Resource us to stand in resistance to forces which transgress our values and which do harm
- Engage with purpose towards embodied, material resilience and regeneration
- Transcend that which is broken, collapsing and ending, by connecting with universal and global processes of evolution and becoming
So how does this work?
I coach from the assumption that you are already far wiser than you know.
Part of you, underneath anxiety and reluctance, is already longing for deeper change and transformation – and already knows how to do it.
My job is to engage your wisdom and lend you mine, as we focus together on whatever aspects of your Deep Adaptation will benefit from our attention. And then you you pay it forward… we all have to learn and adapt very quickly.
We will have a series of purposeful, powerful, dynamic, intimate and liberating conversations which go as deep as we are both willing and able, which are designed to enhace your capacity to adapt way beyond the period of our working together.
What that looks like will be defined by your deepest needs and what your unique world-view and struggle is. My framing is that you will become more effective and powerful in service to life, community and conscious evolution.
Most of my coaching is online over video calls – which means I can work anywhere and keep my prices low, and my schedule flexible to meet yours.
My fees are not fixed. My standard fee is £150 per month but this can be discounted depending on your income bracket if we are a really good match. I also offer up to two people pro-bono coaching at any given time…
I offer a free consultation (one to one and a half hours) where you can enjoy some powerful coaching without any obligation to continue, to see if we are a match, and work out how coaching could best serve you if you choose to continue. I consider it a success if we never even need to speak again…
Here’s what one person wrote to me after a single, one-off hour trial session…
“Hi Matthew. You gave me free coaching session in February. I promised to let you know how I’m getting on with things. My anxiety eased off and I don’t feel so lonely anymore. As you can see, Alice is definitely jumping into rabbit hole, and I wanted to thank you for that. For helping me to re-discover myself again! Many thanks”