- A rigorous professional training and certification as a Co-Active Life Coach from the Coaches Training Institute
- A commitment to on-going professional development with other Deep Adaptation guides
- Acute listening skills, and practised intuition
- A commitment to serving your unique adaptation within your own world view
- Authenticity, honesty, and compassion
- An unshakeable belief that we are creative, resourceful and wise, that we are not ‘broken’, but can be present to the brokeness of the world
- A lack of judgement about where you are now or how you want to adapt
- I walk the talk; I’m committed to making a difference about the things I care about, and to expanding my edges, capacities, joy and commitment in service to life.
I was really good at coaching …and then collapse happened!
About the same time that both my father and my best friend died – I simply lost all hope for the World.
I lost hope that this World can be saved or transformed. I saw that we are actually going to end up where the signs and scientific evidence say we are heading – a collapsing dystopia and an unstable, hostile environment. In fact, for many humans and animals the very worst has already arrived.
I entered into a darkness, an anxiety, a grief for the world which took me three years to move through. I have a lot to say about this – but the point is, it was not conceptual or intellectual, it was visceral; I suffered an internal, deeply felt collapse as I came to accept the reality of external global collapse.
I am not the same person that I was, and my coaching reflects that change
I feel deeper love and deeper joy alonside my grief, I feel more present engaged and effective, even as I know there is nothing to be done
The Five Elements of my Adaptation
Acceptance – Water
I accept that the earth is in a transformation, and let go into the flow of change, this feels at times both painful and exhilarating
Resistance – Fire
I refuse to accept the the darkness of humanity, and stand for the light of Justice and Love
Engagement – Earth
I will work towards resilience and regeneration so that life survives and thrives now and into the deep future
Understanding – Air
I seek to make better meaning and sense of it all to understand this moment
Transcendence – Spirit
I am a node in a billion year process of becoming, that extends far beyond my personal perspective and moment in time
And of course – I just have to get on with my life, make a living and be a good person in this crazy collapsing world.